Monday, March 7, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-chia!

Due to my daughter's insistance that we plant carrots {"Now, right now!" she says :)}, we've been studying plants.  Today we made our own Chia Pets.  I've seen these made with old nylons, but since I also wanted to make these with my class, I knew that coming up with 30 nylons would be impossible.  Instead, I made my own.  I took tulle leftover from our wedding (7 years ago) and sewed a small tube, similar in shape to a nylon stocking.  We layered a tiny bit of dirt on top, grass seed and filled the rest with soil.  Then, I tied a knot and we decorated away.  Isn't everything cuter with googly eyes?  Then, we let them rest in their "bath tub."  I can't wait to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...