Monday, May 16, 2011

Mater Cake

My son, who is somewhat obsessed with the movie Cars turned 2 a few weeks ago.  We just had a family gathering and didn't go all out with the decorations.  We did however, come up with a pretty cool cake:  Mater.

This was a joint effort between my husband and I.  I must say that I love how much attention to detail my husband has.  He noticed that Mater is missing a headlight, has a broken orange light on top of him, etc.  I probably would have missed most of that. To make it we baked a cake in a 9 X 13 pan, divided that into 3 small rectangles and stacked two of them to make the truck bed.  Then we cut the remaining rectangle in half and placed that on top to make the cab.

Seeing my son's reaction to the cake was priceless. He was so pleased that he got to eat Mater. 

If you are planning a Cars themed party, you might want to check out some of these other great parties I found while searching for ideas.

So Wonderful, So Marvelous -- Love, love, love her signs.  She generously includes a printable version, too.
The Birthday Blog -- Some really cute details and I love the "Leaning Tower of Tires" made out of doughnuts.
How Does She -- Such a cute game to play at a Cars party.  Some day, when my son has friends (he's only 2), I hope to come up with games as cool as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...