Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ladybug Party

My baby turned one recently.  I had been planning a ladybug party for awhile and had so many cool things that I wanted to do, but didn’t get to.  Her birthday is not the best time for a teacher – the very end of June is CRAZY for me!  But we had fun anyway and I’m the only one who knows what could have been…
Here’s what we DID do:
Ladybug cake:
So easy!  I baked a round cake and a smaller round cake.  Frosted the big one in red, the small one in brown, used grasshopper cookies for the dots and Oreo Stix for the antennae and pieces of it for the legs.  (My older girls were studying insects and insisted it must have 6 legs.)
003
I am a big fan of having the older kids help make the decorations for the party.  Makes them feel a little more involved and a little less jealous.  The twins made ladybug footprints that we spread around the room to help decorate. 
019
We also used the milestone onesie pictures and made a banner of Ellie’s first year.  Sniff, sniff… it went so fast…’
024
I also made a little  mini sized birthday hat for the birthday girl using felt.  She won’t keep things on her head long if it has a band like a headband, but I simply cut little tags and Elmer’s glued it to her head – I know, I know – Elmer’s glue on her head?  That’s what I thought too at first, until I tried it and realized it washes right out and she actually leaves the bows and things on!  Anyway, the hat was super cute and lasted for awhile until my 2 year old decided to start prying it off her head.  Brothers..
016
Check out my Pinterest page to see more ideas that I didn't get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...